Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A mother turning 1

Well, the title must have already revealed what I tend to write in this post. You guessed it right, my son -Anay - is turning 1 tomorrow.

Actually, when a child is born, the whole family is newly born - Father, mother, grand-parents, uncles, aunts. I have sensed this every moment in last 1 year. Every single member of family has taken utmost care to give ample time, love and care to Anay. They enjoy every moment spent with him. Spending time with him is the greatest celebration for them.

When a mother comes to know about the presence of her baby in the womb, a new life starts for her. Rather, her life halts and she starts living her baby's life. Tasks which seem impossible earlier, easily become a routine thereafter for baby's well-being - Regular walks, timely exercises, balanced meals, fixed bedtime routine. Every movements in the womb is simply heavenly and every mother eagerly waits for the next. Those kicks in the womb, always made me feel that my child will be a great football player :-).

Months just pass-by and then comes the most awaited moment - Labor is the only barrier between you and your baby now. And you are through it. "It's a baby boy" - declare the doctors. (Whether a girl or a boy, motherhood is the best blessing by God). I can't express my joy thereafter in words.

I have enjoyed every moment of motherhood. I still remember the moment when I first took my baby in my arms. It was the moment of highest contentment. Those tiny fingers, those black beautiful wide open eyes, those tiny hands and legs, those beautiful lips. For every mother, her child is god's master piece.

All initial struggle - those sleepless nights, those soiled nappies, that feeding struggle - is easily forgotten since a greater joy awaits after this. Soon, the baby starts smiling, starts moving limbs, starts crawling, starts saying syllables, starts clapping, starts dancing. Well, all this is the natural phenomenon and every child goes through this. But parents still admire all this as if their child is the most extraordinary one in the world.

My aunt once asked me the reason for this admiration. I tried explaining it with many words and sentences. She smiled at me and gave the most precise answer - "It's your creation" :-). So true.

Anay, I take pride in being your mother. You are my favorite and will always be. You have completed me. You have given a new meaning to my life. Thanks for being there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have put across your feelings in the best possible way Snehal. Advanced wishes to you baby Anay. God Bless :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this milestone of life and Happy Birthday to Anay. Beautifully written article. I can relate to it so so well since I have two of them ;)

Unknown said...

Very true Snehal, its a great blessing to be a MOTHER :)