Sunday, May 17, 2009

6 + 4 = 10 dulkar

Given this topic, thousands of people can write long essays, others will have a lot to say and few will be simply speechless.

Whenever someone asks me who's the role model according to me, there are only two people I can think of; one, my father (of course :-)) and other, Sachin Tendulkar.

Sachin Tendulkar = Cricket and Cricket = Sachin Tendulkar. The kind of feelings that I have for him are beyond any definable ones. It is far beyond respect, love, craze, admiration..... It is something beyond these and something very different. Everyone has an extremely special place in heart and mind for him. Everyone prays for him, everyone wishes the best for him, everyone respects him, everyone wants him to be at the top position, everyone wants him to break all possible cricket records, everyone wants his records to not be beaten by anyone else. Whenever any issue related to cricket controversies comes up, I always feel glad and wonder that Sachin is never involved in any of such issues. All cricket players, be it from the Indian team or be it from any other team, respect Sachin. All top sportsmen from various sports are his fans. I have read several articles and forwards about Sachin, and with each the trust and pride just grows exponentially.

I still remember a foolscap book which I had during my school days. It had a face cover with Sachin Tendulkar's picture on it and it read "6 + 4 = 10 dulkar". As a child I didn't pay much attention or consideration to it, but I think it was definitely carved in my brain somewhere. That's why I still remember it. Sachin is simply the best and he rocks.

To end with, I remember a few lines which I read elsewhere - "Cricket was just another sport, Sachin made it a religion" :).

No comments: